Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Two Poems by Lefteris Siomos


Open Town

Pale face in April, 
honey Kitrinaia lives the town
in Jaundice, 
with a yellow rose on in its lips
It’s too early to get the          
gold out although           
running like a southern       
mad man
Distinguishing the virgins       
of Africa, 
the sky rains       
yellow tears the earth
the sick orange fruit  
Among the people
I look for the dust of you
and don’t see you          
only as my housewife
I paint yellow everything 
in my eyes you’re invisible       
to me like dust of sand
I found you and look you           
in the eyes between them          
I would like to come out    
those eyes that saw me
like a diamond.
I am seen by a sick orange cloud like autumn                
that’s blooming
My world seem asian pale to me espressed nature  with the envy ot the soul, the yellow of the season.
□

Love in Your Hair 
 
I stuck my eye up there          
in the ribbon 
dancing through my hair
a butterfly in the wind 
 
And can’t I catch it 
she’s wipping me with her aura of recklessness
your country is a reason  
daylight in your hair 
 
Or the ribbon in the yeast.     
Ah, she tied me 
with the bow you’ve got.                                 
A heart held in ostage, boy!
□

- Lefteris Siomos

No comments:

Post a Comment

INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL PROMOTER DR. ANGELA KOSTA HONORED WITH THE PRESTIGIOUS “RITA LEVI-MONTALCINI” AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE

As part of the “Excellence Is Woman” Congress, which inaugurated the celebrations marking the 40th anniversary of the Nobel Prize awarded to...